Monday, March 29, 2010

Branzini Who?



For a period of time I was all about this fish. I wanted to try all different kinds of fish and see what I like. I am not really sure why I thought I could be this adventurous. I am a very picky eater and with fish especially. I don’t like my fish to taste fishy, have a head or be a strange color. I don’t like sea bass for heaven’s sake which is supposed to be this really gourmet fish.


The fish man at Food Emporium said the branzini fish was really fresh and he could fillet it for me. I admit I was kinda excited. I have never had a whole fish fillet for me and if it comes in whole form it must e good, right? (In hindsight, I have no idea why this was so appealing to me.)

I got the fillets home and thought a nice salad with some buttered orzo would be a great addition. The result was an utter FAIL. The texture was off and it tasted very fishy. I don’t even think BP II finished his plate. From now on, I am sticking to salmon and white fish like tilapia.

Side note: Upon googleing branzini, I found out that the branzini fish is a type of sea bass. So I am thinking maybe I just don’t like fish in the sea bass family?

No comments:

Post a Comment