Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Zwiebelkuchen






We had two people make Zwiebelkuchen or savory onion pie. I admit, I was one of the duplicates and I thought I was being so original. Haha. Anyway this was really yummy about would be a great breakfast meal. I made my own pie dough with my traditional recipe and the rest I followed by the book.


Ingredients:

1/4 lb smoked bacon, diced
1 medium sized onion, chopped into small pieces
2 eggs
1 cup of sour cream
1 tbs flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
9-inch piecrust

Directions:

Saute the bacon until they become crisp. Drain out most of the fat, keeping just enough for the onions. Now sauté the onions until they become clear. Keep aside and allow them to cool. In a bowl, whip the sour cream, eggs, flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Prick the bottom of the piecrust with a fork. Put the bacon and onions on the piecrust and then pour the whipped mixture on top of them. Bake at 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C for about 15 minutes, until the egg mixture is set and the pie is browned




mmmmm....... bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment