Monday, March 15, 2010

Procrastination Nation





I am the worst blogger ever and have totally failed the 3 people that read this blog an I apologize for that. In my defense, I have been very busy at work and just got over the worst cold in my life. I felt so awful that I regressed to a weeping child that only wants a mother's comfort. But now I am back and promise to do better.

BP II and I officially signed up for our vegetable co-op. Well, I signed up and BP II just wrote the check. The vegetable co-op is about eating local fruits and vegetables from the farm. It promotes sustainable food sources and provides the freshest ingredients for me too cook with. I thought it would be a good way to eat more vegetables and learn new ways to cook them. Maybe I am just a farm girl at heart but I dream about ripe heirloom tomatoes.

In that spirit, the following list are things that are in season now and will taste the best at your local supermarket. Thank the lord that winter is over because here comes spring with fresh fruits and veggies.

Early Spring Harvest

Artichokes
Asparagus
Cabbage
Green Peas
Herbs
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Onions
Potatoes
Rhubarb
Spinach
Turnips
Watercress

Although, early spring is when things are just getting started it reminds us that better things are yet to come.

Stoneledge Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment