Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Cold Night

Last night was kinda an intense night and BP II was not feeling well. Actually, he said, “It feels like my eyes are going to explode.” Anyway, we have guests coming in from out of town tonight for New Year’s and I have nothing in the house. Also, I have all the ham still leftover. With BP II in bed I forged out into the cold alone to figure something out for dinner. I thought I would be a good girlfriend and make some soup to warm him up. I wanted something simple and quick; I didn’t want to be spending my night watching this soup on the stove. I bought some carrots, celery, egg noodles and chicken stock. I have onions and garlic at home. That is the great thing about soup, you can just throw in some really good ingredients and it will taste great.


I came home and chopped the onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Added some olive oil to a big stockpot and sweated the veggies for about 15- 20 minutes. Seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. I also, happened to have some leftover cheese rinds and randomly threw those in as well. Then added the chicken stock, some water and a couple of bouillon cubes. When the veggies were soft, I added the noodles and some of the leftover ham. The result was really good. I think one of the best soups I have made. With a baguette it was a hearty and satisfying meal.

Next, I have to think about what to make for New Year’s dinner. UGH!

1 comment: