Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Not Food Network **Update**



Although, I am not a Cablevision subscriber (yay Direct TV) the plight of my fellow Food Network fans is upsetting. If you do not live in New York and read this blog (my mom) you have no idea what I am talking about. But when Cablevisions subscribers awoke on New Year’s day, trying to nurse those nasty hangovers with some Paula, Barefoot and triple D, all they got was a not in service channel. That is right, Cablevision cut The Food Network. Apparently the debacle is over contract negotiations and Food Network wanted more than the $.25 they were getting per customer. Cablevision released a statement pretty much saying good riddance Food Network. The head honcho is quoted as saying Cablevision has “no expectation of carrying their programming again.” I find it interesting because ESPN charges Cablevision $2.00 per customer, which is generally passed right on to the consumer. I bet there are just as many fans of the Food Network and there are ESPN fans. Even YES network charges $2.00 per customer. Seriously all YES has are Yankee games. I think Cablevision should change its tune and start considering their “non-sports” viewers. If the Food Network wants $1.75 more than fine (The amount of the increase The Food Network is asking for has not been disclosed), I mean they are raising rates anyway.


All I have to say is Go DirecTV.

Go to this website to complain to Cablevision

Update:  Food Network wants $.75 per customer

1 comment:

  1. ESPN is by far the highest-rated cable network, which explain why its retrans fees are so high. however if I were a cablevision customer I would be outraged at the lack of Alton Brown

    ReplyDelete