Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thanks Mark



I really like Mark Bittman's blog on the New York Time's website. I think he is fun, witty and makes me feel like cooking is accessible to everyone. I think everyone can relate to the quote below. 

Worry Less, Cook More

By Mark Bittman

I recently did an interview with Time Out New York, and I thought that cooks who worry about perfection might find this part of it useful.

Question: “What would you say is the most important skill to develop in the kitchen?

Answer: “The ability to go in there and start. I am the least impressive cook you will ever see. I am completely without knife skills, I screw things up all the time. When I’m in the kitchen I’m not obsessively trying to create the perfect dish; I’m trying to put dinner on the table. Comparing yourself to the people who cook on television is like comparing yourself to Andre Agassi. If you can drive you can cook.”

No comments:

Post a Comment