Thursday, January 7, 2010

At Least There Are No Ants in Your Pants



I am not a fan of fast food. I find it really greasy and it makes me sick every time I eat it. Therefore I stay far away. Some people really like it and to that I say to each their own. However, when I heard this story I cringed. I don’t care what kind of food establishment you are, sanitation should never be compromised. At a local Canada McDonald’s a man found dead ants in his breakfast burrito. The sad thing is that the first thing I thought of was why weren’t they alive? Did these ants consume McDonald’s food and then die? I digress…


But what I think adds insult to injury is that when the man showed the McDonald’s manager his sad dead ant burrito, he didn’t seem to care and instead was defensive. Didn’t McDonald’s learn anything from the lady that sued them for her coffee being too hot? All she wanted was McDonald’s to acknowledge that they were wrong and pay for her medical bills. However you feel about the situation, it would have been much cheaper if McDonalds would have swallowed their pride and just apologized. Earth the McDonald’s: the stonewall method does not work.

Dead Ants Found in a McDonald's Burrito

by Slashfood Editor, Posted Jan 6th 2010 @ 9:30AM
by Nicki Gostin

"There's really only one appropriate response upon hearing the following story – Yuck accompanied by a violent shudder.

A man and his girlfriend found dozens of dead ants lacing their McDonald's breakfast repast last week in Ontario, Canada.

28-year-old Tommy Lam and his girlfriend who frequently stopped by the busy fast food restaurant went in to pick up a meal before going into work. The couple ordered 2 sausage and egg burrito combos to go which translates into 4 pita-wrapped sandwiches.

Lam went to his business, Jewellery Box, sat down to eat and downed one of the burritos. It was when he started chomping down on the second that he made the gruesome discovery – dead ants, lots of them.

"Even right now, when I think about it, it bothers me," Lam told AOL. "I was really grossed it. It was disgusting."

What happened next just adds insult to injury. When he returned to the offending Golden Arches eatery with his invertebrate infested evidence no apology was forthcoming.

Lam spoke to AOL and he is clearly still annoyed with how it was handled. He claims that when he returned to the restaurant the manager refused to give him the names of the employees and would not give him a number for McDonald's corporate offices.

"He said that there is no number I need to call. And also they didn't check the food station when I brought the food back. These are the questions I really want answered."

"I'm still disappointed. I'm still waiting for an apology from them."

McDonald's have responded with the following press statement.

At McDonald's Canada, food quality and safety is our top priority and we employ strict policies and procedures to ensure our customers receive the highest quality product.

Upon learning of this isolated incident, we immediately began a thorough investigation, both at the restaurant and supplier level. We continue to work closely with the local health agency and to liaise with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.

We are also in direct contact with the customer in an effort to address their concerns. It would be inappropriate to discuss this further given that this matter is ongoing.

Doesn't sound like Tommy is going is going to be getting an apology from McDonald's just yet."

 
On another note, what is with all the fast food people being awful human beings and messing with people’s food? Remember the Domino’s incident? Eww!


1 comment:

  1. probably they were dead from the thing being cooked. or from it being frozen...depends when they made their way into the burrito.

    ReplyDelete