Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This should have been thought of earlier (like when I was in high school)





Burger King will now start to sell Budweiser and Miller Lite beer starting with their South Beach, Miami location. Beers will cost $4.25 a bottle and can even be substituted for a large soda with any value menu for $2.00 extra. Even better, Burger King plans to expand the beer selling to other major cities, including New York! This is perfect; I mean Burger King specifically stated that they are trying to “grow up” with their customers. Burger King was founded in 1954 so who are they exactly trying to grow up with?


When I was in high school kids would drive around and park in Burger King’s lots and drink liquor out of water bottles, then drive to parties. I am sure the 15 year old behind the counter is going to be carding his friends I.D.’s really strictly. So if you run out of liquor before the party has been announced, no worries; just walk on into the fast food joint, maybe order some munchies, and walk out with a round.

I think I might be missing the big picture here and I am sure that someone would want a beer with their whopper. I am just not sure why they wouldn’t go to a bar or a restaurant to eat. The only people who want to pound a beer and order a medium fry are drunk college kids or drunk high school kids. Just saying- I don’t think this will be a good idea in the long run.

I prefer to pound beers at home when I cook dinner. :)




Whopper & The King of Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment