Monday, October 12, 2009

The Food and Wine Festival



So me and BP II went to the Food and Wine Festival this Saturday. We had tickets to see Rocco DiSpirito at 10:30. Truth be told, I am not a morning person. My alarm goes off at 8:30 and BPII tries to wake me by nicely nudging. I yell and grunt at him to leave me alone. 30 minutes later, I finally get moving and start getting ready. We leave my apartment on the Upper East Side at 9:30 and as we pass the Bodega on the corner I plant me feet like a child and can not possibly go on without eating 2 eggs with cheese on a roll.

BPII: I don't think we have time
ME: But I am hungry
BPII: I don't think we have time
Me: Fine, I'll pay for a cab
BPII: I don't think we have time

We finish breakfast and get into a cab (10:00). At 10:27 I am officially freaking out. Why is this cab taking so long? I could have taken the subway and made better time! There is an accident on 14th between 5th and 6th. Why did we not go across town 65th? OMG they are not going to let us in because we are late. 10:31 I am yelling at people to get out of the way. No matter the only one who can hear me are the cab driver and BPII. Anxiety is building. 10:35 cab drops us off and I am running to The Comix and 14th and 9th ave. Did I forget to mention that is is raining and I am wearing a white shirt and black bra? Finally, arrive wet and miserable 10:38. They let us in and we are seated. Rocco is going around asking people what they do and where they are from. Bla Bla. He is promoting his new cookbook about cooking your favorite foods in a healthier way. The onion rings he made look amazing. I start thinking about buying the cookbook. Also, the man is a huge flirt. He is good looking and knows it but in a likable goofy way. Then he starts talking about Penne ala Vodka and how it is a myth the dish needs Vodka. I start to think about Vodka and how bad I want a drink right now. Yes, I am aware that it is 11:00, don't judge. Honestly, all he did was make pasta, heat up some marinara sauce and add some Greek yogurt to make the sauce pink. I did not taste it but I started to reconsider this cookbook choice. Also, the girl who went up to taste it proclaimed her love for Rocco on stage before tasting so I am considering her opinion compromised. At 11:30 the show is over and we get apples and healthy treats on the way out. I am calm but still thinking about that drink.

http://www.nycwineandfoodfestival.com/2009/
http://www.roccodispirito.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment