Friday, October 16, 2009

“If a pot is cooking, the friendship will stay warm”



This idea was actually thought up by my father one day when I told him that I wanted to become a better cook. We were driving home from the train station and I was telling him how much I really love to cook and how I want to improve my culinary skills but was having trouble finding an non-expensive school. He suggested I get some friends together, try different dishes and then talk about what happened. I was skeptical. I thought no one I know would really want to do this. I was wrong. I sent out an email asking if anyone would want to join a club I was starting that would revolve around cooking. We would meet once a month and pick a type of cuisine to cook. I invited 7 girls hoping to have one or two bite. I was incredibly surprised about the positive return. Only one person said they were not interested but the other 6 girls were energetic and some even wanted to bring friends.


The first meeting will be thanksgiving dishes. I left the decision of what to make up to them and anything they want to make that reminds them of Thanksgiving was an option. The group is full of cooks at all different  levels. On the designated day, we will all get together and share the food that we made and talk about the experience. (and of course we will be drinking some wine) My hope is that some girls who have really shied away from cooking for whatever reason will feel comfortable trying new dishes and get to experience the feeling of making a homerun dish. Also, I want somewhat experienced cooks to push the kinds of dishes they make and receive honest feedback from the group.

I will be posting the recipes the ladies bring to the meeting and sharing some of the great stories they have to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing more attractive than a woman who can cook

    ReplyDelete