Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh Where oh Where is the Pumpkin Puree




I have been trying to make a pumpkin pie for quite some time now. The problem is that there is no pumpkin puree in New York City. I have searched every grocery store only to be told that I am the 15th person in the last hour to ask for it. I thought New Yorkers ate out, they are not supposed to be at home making pumpkin goodies. It is not even Thanksgiving for goodness sake.

The thing is, I told people at work that I was making this pumpkin pie and everyday I come in with empty hands. I am beginning to feel like an empty promise maker.
However, I did find out how to make pumpkin puree. It seems to easy to be true.


1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.) Cut pumpkin in half and remove seeds
3.) Place in baking pan with 1 cup of water
4.) Roast for 90 min
5.) Scoop out flesh and blend



That’s it! So I am sure tomorrow I will have a pumpkin pie post for you.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of pumpkins are you supposed to use? I read that if you use a regular jack-o-lantern pumpkin you have to add extra sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems TOO easy to be true.
    har har har

    ReplyDelete